Skived fins heat sinks offer highly optimized cooling as they allow for higher fin densities than what is manufacturable using extrusion methodologies, but do not have an interface joint that restricts heat flow like bonded.brazed fin heat sinks. Unlike bonded.brazed heat sinks, Skived Fin Heat Sinks are constructed from a single piece of material and offer reduced thermal resistance since there is no joint .a base and fins. These heat sinks are manufactured by precisely slicing the top of the base, called skiving, folding it back to .it is perpendicular to the
base, and repeating at regular intervals to .fins.
Skived Fin Heat Sink Solutions:
• Using a cutting tool with skiving saves tooling costs.
• Skiving enables economical solid copper heat sink solutions not available in other processes.
• Fin geometries available with skived fin heat sinks offer more surface area, enable higher heat transfer, and overall better performance.
• Single piece construction means there is no interface material .the base and fin compared to advanced heat sink assemblies, so there’s better heat transfer from the base to the fins.
• Combine with a fan for increased airflow and more heat transfer
• Add a thermal interface material to better connect with your heat source and complete your thermal solution
Heat sink design and analysis
Suqun Thermal engineers use the latest CFD thermal analysis tools to accurately simulate the thermal behavior of a particular device, board,.chassis. The design and manufacturing team utilize the latest in 3D CAD design tools such as Solidwords, ProE, and AutoCAD to accurately and realistically design thermal solutions, and to insure its fit and function within customer applications.
We provides industry leading custom heatsink services and thermal solutions, with more than 11 years of thermal design and build experience, we understand the importance of designing products can be manufactured, we can verify through quick turn prototyping then into production.
For any customized product needs, please feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible within 12 hours.